Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What possess kids?

I was reading Because I Said So about Brooklyn shoving a mint up her nose, and it brought back memories of when Chip stuck a raisin up his. What possesses a kid to do such a thing? You know what happens to a raisin when it gets wet? It swells up! Our other kids never did anything like this, so we freaked and took Chip to urgent care where the doctor used REALLY LONG tweezers and extracted the errant raisin. Thought the scare would do the trick and Chip would never again shove something in a nostril. WRONG. I think it was just this last year he put a tiny Lego piece up there. Our insurance coverage really sucks since DH's job change, so there was no way I was taking him to a doctor...this was going to be a home extraction. The trick is finding good lighting. I ended up having him lay down on my scrapbooking table and turning on the OTT-Lite. Regular tweezers did the trick. Maybe THIS time, he learned never to do it again. I'm not optimistic though.

No comments: